Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Rooster Rooster Tie


The Rooster Tie Company has been around since the 1930s but made their mark in the industry in the 1950s with a popular square cut ends tie. The innovative cotton ties featured great graphics and colors, unusual for their time. Some some were occupational, and many played on the popularity of nostalgia beginning to sweep the nation with the use of "antique" looking cars, old-time fonts, and "country" motifs. But was there ever a rooster featured on a Rooster Tie? The answer to that question is shown below. I sold this tie a while back on Ebay, and am kicking myself just a little........





Here are a couple other Rooster Brand ties that also got awa. The first is a square cut with a occupational medical motif, featuring the Caduceus of Mercury, and the Hippocratic Oath.





The next example is a Chintz pattern on cotton. I haven't been able to find out the progression of labels, when they were used, etc, but based on the design, I believe this may be a tie from the late 1960s. If you have additional information about the age of this tie, or of the history of labels on Rooster neckties, I would love to know.




See my ties in my store on Ebay. Just do a search for Rooster Necktie.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The "chintz" pattern is similar to, and the label identical to a tie I bought it Hecht Co. in Washington, D.C. in 1995 or 1996. I love the print and still bring it out a couple of times a year to rave reviews.